- Employment Litigation
- Business & Corporate Law
- Employment Advice & Counsel
- Business Litigation
- Real Estate Law & Litigation
- Intellectual Property & Trademarks
- Ranching & Agriculture Law
The Huff Law Firm APC represents employers and employees in all aspects of employment litigation. We have substantial experience representing both employers and employees in State and Federal Court, as well as administrative agencies, including the California Labor Commissioner, Department of Fair Employment & Housing and the EEOC. If you are involved in an employment dispute, contact us for a free consultation.
- Wage & Hour claims, including:
- unpaid overtime
- misclassification of non-exempt employees
- missed employee meal and rest breaks
- Wrongful Termination
- Disability Discrimination
- Age & Race Discrimination
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
Business & Corporate Law
Organizing your business, practicing effective corporate governance and protecting your interests in business transactions requires experienced legal counsel. We strive to know your business, identify your interests and give you individualized advice and counsel that meets the needs of your specific business. At The Huff Law Firm, we get deals done for our clients, while always ensuring that our clients are protected and getting the best possible deal.
The Huff Law Firm has a long experience handling all aspects of business planning, formation, organization, business and stock sales and outside general counsel advice and counsel. Whether you are a closely-held small business or large organization, we can offer unique insight and guidance. We have helped organize hundreds of companies, negotiated thousands of agreements, and currently act as outside general counsel for many small to multi-million dollar companies. We want to know our clients’ businesses and develop productive, long-lasting relationships by helping you achieve your goals.
The Huff Law Firm counsels and advises individuals and companies in a wide range of areas, including:
- Review and negotiation of contracts
- Organizational planning including formation of corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships, professional corporations and joint ventures.
- Business Acquisitions and Mergers
- Negotiation and documentation of business acquisitions, sales, options, mergers, reorganization, and subsidiary formation.
- Drafting and implementation of buy-sell agreements, cross-purchase agreements, and stock redemption agreements.
- Drafting and implementation of Operating Agreements, Shareholder Agreements and Partnership Agreements.
- Negotiation and drafting of Commercial Leases.
- Negotiation and drafting of Manufacturing Agreements.
- Negotiation and drafting of Independent Contractor, Executive and Employment contracts.
- Drafting Employee Handbooks and related Personnel Rules & Procedures
- Negotiation and drafting of Vendor Contracts
- Negotiation and drafting of Sales Agreements, Licenses, and Asset Purchase Agreements.
- Licensing Compliance
Employment Advice & Counsel
The Huff Law Firm counsels employers and employees as to the ever-changing employment laws and regulations in the State of California. We offer employment law advice and counsel in the following areas:
- Counseling employers regarding employment regulations and employment hiring/ termination procedures
- Review and preparation of employee handbooks and personnel rules & policies
- Preparation of executive and other employee contracts; and
- Preparation of independent contractor agreements.
- Performing operational audits to ensure compliance with all Labor Code regulations.
- Advising clients on regulations concerning work place safety, including COVID-19 rules, regulations and compliance.
The Huff Law Firm provides comprehensive, goal-oriented services designed to resolve disputes before litigation. However, when court intervention becomes necessary, The Huff Law Firm are highly respected for their zealous and effective litigation skills. We have significant experience litigating in federal and state court, as well as arbitration, mediation, and other informal procedures such as the California Labor Board and administrative courts.
We have successfully represented clients in areas such as:
- Contract Disputes
- Collection Matters
- Partnership and Shareholder Disputes
- Trade Secret Litigation
- Fraud and Unfair Competition
- Business Torts
Real Estate Law & Litigation
We have years of knowledge and experience representing clients in real estate litigation, including easement litigation, partition matters, real estate contract and broker disputes. We have an impressive track record in real estate trials and appeals. If you are involved in a real estate dispute, contact us to schedule a free consultation.
The attorneys at The Huff Law Firm also counsel and advise individuals and business entities on a broad range of real estate related services. We work with farmers, commercial and residential landlords, large companies, and corporate in-house attorneys in a wide range of real estate practice areas.
Our practice areas include:
- Real property acquisitions, development, partition and easements.
- Real estate contract litigation.
- Easement Disputes and partition matters.
- Property line disputes.
- Nuisance disputes.
- Sales, financing options and exchanges.
- Commercial, residential and agricultural real property leases.
- Landlord/tenant issues and unlawful detainers.
- CC&Rs and homeowner associations.
- Purchase and sale disputes regarding residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural real property.
Intellectual Property & Trademarks
California has a rapidly-evolving technology sector and globally-facing business environment. The attorneys at The Huff Law Firm keep their clients up to date on all developments in intellectual property law. Our lawyers advise individual and business clients from across the state on all aspects of intellectual property. We also have substantial experience representing clients in intellectual property-related litigation in federal court and before administrative agencies.
Our specific services include:
- Foreign trademark prosecution and enforcement.
- Registering copyrights.
- Litigation in district and appellate courts, and before the USPTO.
- Intellectual property licensing.
- General counsel intellectual property services.
Ranching & Agriculture Law
Agriculture is an integral part of our economy. Moreover, it is a way of life. The attorneys at The Huff Law Firm understand that, and are deeply engrained in the local agricultural community. We pride ourselves on being able to understand farm and ranch operations and how they work while recognizing that it isn’t just a business. We understand that intersecting laws and rules addressing the environment, natural resources, general business principles, and the various transactions common in the agricultural world. Whether you are a large or small operation, we represent companies and individuals in the business of agriculture including farmers, ranchers, landowners, processors, manufacturers, distributors/wholesalers, cooperatives, retailers, suppliers and all others engaged in the business of agriculture. If you need general business advice or representation before a court, an agency, government body or arbitration forum, we can help.
The following: areas are a sample of the issues we frequently deal with for our clients:
- Venture formation
- Corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions
- Commercial finance and restructurings
- Corporate governance
- Supply/distribution agreements
- Administrative agency representation and appeals
- Agricultural liens and commercial transactions
- Building permits and conditional use permits
- General agriculture law
- Land acquisition
- Adjacent landowner disputes
- Zoning and permitting issues
Ventura, CA 93001
8:30 – 5:30